Friday, July 15, 2016

Faith with Works... My take on it

 I read the the Bible every day with my Mom or Dad.  We love to learn about the Bible.    It is God's Word.

I have been thinking a lot about what it says in  James 2:18 


 "But someone will say, 
“You have faith and I have works.”
Show me your faith apart from your works,
and I will show you my faith
by my works." 

 I heard my preacher say that people get confused by this verse.   
I asked my Daddy about it, 
 and he told me to research it 
and 
write an essay about it 
for my English Composition class.  

                

It was not easy to write,

but here are my thoughts about

Faith and Works.   



I think it means that if someone says, '' I am a Christian!''  and punches, kicks, abuses, swears like crazy, makes fun of others, and never, ever gives any second chances,  he is also a liar!   He says he has Faith, but what does his life show?


But another person says, ''I am a Christian!'' and does the opposite of the first person.  He is telling the truth!   I want to be more like this person.  






  In my life, I show my Faith in God by helping other people.  At least this is one way.  I helped my Daddy dig, insert pipes, and re-cover the pipe and hole with the dirt. 


It was hard work, but it was better than a flood in the basement! I saw my Daddy hurting because he was working so long and his back was sore.  

I had Faith and wanted to help him.   I showed my Faith by my Works... Digging and Helping.  This is all part of becoming a Strong Leader for Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment