Monday, April 13, 2015

A Different Kind of Treasure


Hi


I am glad you are reading my blog.  


Our Theme this year is "Treasure"and I want you to know that I treasure my time in Lads to Leaders (L2L).




I treasure (or value) my friends in L2L.



I love my mentors in L2L. 



All of these are "gems" and precious things to me. 

Source:  My Mom's Blackboard


I saw this Statement (below) on the Lads to Leaders Blog Web site,

 and I wanted to add it to my blog 

because I set some BIG goals this year in Lads to Leaders.   


"Are You A Winner?

 Every student who sets worthy goals is a winner..."

  - Roy Johnson


For 2015/2016, I signed up for 10 events.  


That is HUGE.  


This is only my second year in L2L, but I was so interested in so many things, my parents said I could do it if I promised to complete one event or item per month.  

I said I would promise. 

 So my year is going to be BUSY!   


I plan to be a "Winner," even if I don't win a single ribbon.  


My Art Class



"Are You A Winner?


 Every student who sets worthy goals is a winner.

Every student who starts excelling for the Lord is a winner.

 Every student who studies the Bible is a winner.

Every student who memorizes Scripture is a winner.

 Every student who learns the importance of serving others is a winner.

Every student who becomes a Self Starter is a winner.

Every student who stretches beyond their comfort zone is a winner.

 Every student who becomes “Firmly Grounded” is a winner."

 - Roy Johnson, Executive Director, Lads to Leaders


I helped my parents paint our Living Room this Week

What about you?  Are You A Winner?

No comments:

Post a Comment