Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Where is my Treasure?


    I have been thinking lately about the Pope.  He came to Philadelphia this month.  Everybody was so excited about him coming.  They made him into a Rock Star!  I was confused about that.  They closed down highways for him.  They got all these police sent to Philadelphia for his safety.  He got a lot of people excited about him coming here.  

     Then I saw this photo on the internet.  I made me feel so sad.  It reminded me of our Theme in L2L this year.

       Look at the Pope.  He is wearing beautiful clothes.   He is sitting on a Golden Throne.  Look at the kids in the other picture.  They are so skinny.  Sorry one of them is Naked, but that is because he doesn't even own clothes. 


Source:  http://www.worldconvention.org/resources/profiles/ghana/


     Jesus said to a rich man in the Bible, "Go and sell everything you have, and give it to the poor" (Mark 10:21).  I have thought about this verse more this month than any other time in my life.  

When I see photos like this, it makes me kind of mad, and sad, also.  But then,  I think about all the things that I have, and how I hoard them, and don't like to give them away.  So I shouldn't be mad at the Pope for not giving to the poor.


Source:  Dayspring.net
     And so I am thinking more about how to help the poor.  This summer, I worked on my small business by taking out the trash of some of my elderly neighbors.  I made good money doing that.  I saved some, spent some, and gave some.  I have 3 banks in my room, one for Spending, Giving, and Saving.
Source:  The Children's Bible Online



     I give to all kinds of organizations, even though I am only a kid. 

 I give some to my congregation in the church plate every Sunday.

  But my favorite thing to do is to give to the poor people.  I sent money to Harding to a thing called Smiles for Christ.  They go to Honduras and help disabled, mentally delayed kids each summer.  I was able to give them lots of my profits from a Lemonade Stand I had in July at the Soccer field across the street.  


This is the School in Honduras where I send money to help





Source:  MarandaHowthorn.net







No comments:

Post a Comment